I am raising three babies, 2 and under, my life is full of chaos! With all the chaos has come wisdom, experiences and confidence I would LOVE to share with other moms! These newborn essentials will make this stage in your life so much more enjoyable and just all around easier! My intention is to better prepare YOU for the arrival of your newborn! Oh what a joyous time it will be for you!! These essentials have benefited me tremendously through all 3 of my babies!
These newborn essentials are important for ALL new moms, whether it’s one baby or two!! It has information I wish I was privy to with my first child. I have included some items that made my life easier with newborn twins, too! I hope some of these items are helpful to YOU!
This post contains affiliate links.
- First & Most importantly the baby monitor. I cannot recommend this monitor enough!! You cannot beat the price, and it includes TWO cameras! We had a Samsung baby monitor with my first born and we thought it worked fine. Until we purchased this one and WOW!! We couldn’t believe the difference!! The picture is just SO clear, you can hook up multiple cameras (we have 3!) to the monitor, and it keeps a charge for hours! I LOVE IT!! Check it out. You will not be disappointed!
- Medicine Paci. This one is so simple and inexpensive but SO useful!! Hopefully you never have to give your infants medicine but if you do this is a lifesaver!! No battling with your kiddos!! ALWAYS hand wash, they don’t hold up well after the dishwasher!
- The Rock & Play! You always hear moms talk about how amazing this sleeper is, it helps reduce acid reflux by keeping them at a safe incline. This will save you many restless nights! Plus this version has a self-rocking device!!
- Calming Tablets! A twin mom told me about calming tablets when I asked for advice on my twins sleeping better at night. These are AMAZING!! Stock up now (recommended for use at/after 6 months). When those babies are 6 months and fussing at night give them a couple and watch them drift back to sleep. They are AMAZING (it must be said again!) and the reason I maintain some sanity on those rough nights! Try them. Love them. Come back and tell me how much you love them!!
- Foam Crib Mattress. This mattress is my favorite!! We have purchased two different mattresses for our girls before we found this one. The other crib mattresses seem uncomfortable, thin and cheap (they were NOT cheap!) by comparison! I am planning to purchase 2 more for my other girls. I love them!!
- Baby Bottle Dishwasher Basket. I was given this as a gift before my toddler was born. It has been used EVERY DAY for 2.5 years and still holds up!! This bottle basket has saved me SO MUCH HASSLE! I cannot recommend it enough! I have tried other brands and they don’t hold up as much and come apart too easily. If you take nothing away from this list, GET THIS. You will thank me, I know it!
Twin Essential Items:
- Table for Two. This Table for Two was beyond useful for my twin babies!! I found mine used on a twin sale site in my area, and I’m glad I did! This made feeding both babies at the same time possible when I was alone. It sits them comfortably at the perfect angle and has latches for safety!! Plus it has cup holders to hold bottles, or a glass of wine for momma to enjoy the feeding too!
- Snap-N-Go Stroller! I bought this stroller thinking I would hardly use it. Oh, Boy was I wrong!! I have used this constantly. It is by far one of my MOST used items!! There is no easier way to get the babies from spot A to spot B. Being able to keep them in their car seats and just move them to the stroller is a TOTAL GAME CHANGER!!! It makes my day to day errands SO much easier!! I also use the baby trend car seats, they are so wonderful!!
- My Brest Friend Twin Edition. If you’re planning to breastfeed twins this pillow will be your best friend!! It makes tandem feedings possible and is so comfortable. It also has a pocket on the side, which is beyond convenient!
I hope this list was helpful and you’re feeling more prepared for that little bundle of joy! Mom life is wild but oh so fun!!